Sunday, August 2, 2020

Internal Locus of Control

Reading the statements and figuring out what my LoC was, I found out that I do have more of an internal LoC, however, I also firmly believe that there are some things that are out of my immediate control, and we often have to let fate take the reins for a while.  For the longest time, I used to hate that.  I could not stand not having control over things, not being able to choose what the outcomes are, and that would cause a lot of unnecessary stress for me.  It's taken me a long time to get to the point I'm at now when it comes to things that are completely out of my control.

For a leader, I think having a pretty solid internal locus of control is very important, because they are able to recover more quickly from setbacks.  They are able to adapt more quickly to certain things, and respond better to when their plans do not work or are changed by an outside circumstance.  I think in order to be a well-rounded OT practitioner, having a strong internal LoC will make you more successful and also more willing to accept certain things and know how to traverse the unknown when it arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment